With Basma Alawee & Kate Brick
Today we’re kicking off a new collaboration with the Refugee Advocacy Lab, and the Refugee Storytellers Collective – The Women of Refuge Podcast Series!
Over the course of the year, we will bring you personalized, first-hand accounts from resilient women who have powerful and inspiring stories.
Our goal is to introduce you to your refugee neighbors and build bridges, and community while combatting false narratives about refugees.
As we begin this journey, today’s guests are Basma Alawee, National Campaign Director for “We Are All America”, and Executive Director of Weavetales – and Kate Brick, the Director of the Refugee Advocacy Lab at Refugees International.
After introducing you to these two phenomenal Daughters of Change, we will discuss what their organizations do individually and collectively, why we are doing this series, the power of personalized stories – and how they foster healing and community.
Links to Check Out:
- Refugee Storytellers Collective website
- Refugee Storytellers Collective nomination form (we accept nominations year-round!)
- Refugee Advocacy Lab Website
- Refugee Advocacy Lab on Twitter: @RefugeeAdvcyLab
- Refugee Advocacy Lab on Instagram: @refugeeadvocacylab
- Refugee Advocacy Lab on Facebook – The Refugee Advocacy Lab
- Refugee Advocacy Lab LinkedIn
- Email the Refugee Advocacy Lab – @Kate Brick & @Sarah Sheffer
Follow Daughters of Change:
Daughters of Change Podcast Producer: Sarah Stacey