With Mila and Lindsay
Today you will meet Mila, the youngest Daughter of Change to ever be on the Daughters of Change podcast, and her mom Lindsay.
Ten-year-old Mila and Lindsay are a mother-daughter duo from Trinidad and Tobago. They are also the authors of “This is Mila”.
Mila, the main character of the book, is a 10-year girl with dyslexia who chooses to focus on all of her other special talents and intrinsic awesomeness. She is a great little baker with her own baking business, an avid skateboarder, an exceptional artist, and a self-proclaimed fashionista.
Lindsay is an Interior Designer and Mother of two just trying to help her kids navigate through this crazy thing we call life. They both hope this book helps so many other kids out there who also struggle to read and write.
- How it feels to be an author at ten
- Why Mila wrote the book
- What mom and daughter have learned in the process
- Why Mila wants other kids to know they are special and focus on all the things they’re good at
- What Lindsay has learned about being Mila’s biggest advocate
- What their hopes are for the book
- All the things that Mila is awesome at
- Link to buy This is Mila
- Facebook: ThisisMilaBook
- Instagram @thisismilabook
- Facebook support group for adults or parents of children who have been diagnosed with either mild Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia or Dysgraphia
Follow Daughters of Change:
Daughters of Change Podcast Editor: Sarah Stacey