With Michelle Curtis and Jennifer Boynton
To quote Linda Davis Taylor, CEO, and Chairman of Clifford Swan Investment Counselors. “Give a woman a dollar, and she can put it to good use. Teach her about how money really works, and she can change the world,”
In this special episode of the Passion to Action Series, you will meet Michelle Curtis, and Jennifer Boynton of First National Bank – two Daughters of Change, who are passionate about teaching young girls and children about financial literacy.
Michelle is a VP of Business Development Officer for First National Bank and has been in the banking realm for 25 years. She’s a passionate relationship builder and community ambassador for the communities she serves in Knox and Waldo County. Her greatest joy is being a mom to her 12-year-old son and 23-year-old stepdaughter.
Jennifer is, AVP and Branch Manager for First National Bank in Belfast and has been a local banker for 14 years. She has volunteered in a number of organizations including mentoring through the Olympia Snow Women’s Leadership Institute. She has 3 boys ranging from 16 to 23.
As parents and adults, teaching girls to be savvy about finances is one of the most important tools we can give them for their futures.
As you will learn from Michelle and Jen, it’s never too early to start. Today, we will be exploring tips and ideas about how you can get the financial ball rolling for the girls and young women in your lives.
- What a community bank is
- Why it’s so important for for girls and young women to understand having independent finances
- Why it’s never too early to start having these conversations with the girls in your life
- Tips and ideas to teach girls and young women about finances
- How these lessons build upon themselves as children grow
- Resources available to help
Links to Check Out:
- First National Bank Website
- First National Bank LinkedIn
- First National Bank Facebook
- First National Bank Instagram – @firstnationalbankme
- Girl Scouts of Maine Website
- Girl Scouts of Maine LinkedIn
- Girls Scouts of Maine Facebook
- Girl Scouts of Maine Instagram – @girlscoutsofmaine
- Michelle’s Instagram – @mainebankeronthemove
- Michelle’s LinkedIn
Donate to support Girl Scouts of Maine: www.girlscoutsofmaine.org/support
Follow Daughters of Change:
Daughters of Change Podcast Editor: Sarah Stacey