With Cassie Betts
Today you’ll meet Daughter of Change, Cassie Betts, a multi-faceted Daughter of Change who made a promise to God at a pivotal moment in her life, that she would change the world.
Who is Cassie Betts, in her own words?
- A Diversity and Inclusion Activist (she made that up)
- Dubbed “The Woman Turning South LA into Startup Land”. (Forbes made that up)
- Co-producer of Urban Tech Connect- an annual tech conference headed by Plugin South L.A.
- A volunteer who trains children & inner-city youth in coding, entrepreneurialism & robotics
- A founding member of Black Women in Tech
- The CEO and founder of Tech Bootcamp Made In South LA(MISLA).
- CEO – Cofounder of MARTY- Making a Reality That’s Yours – Social Enterprise. Software, Branding, Digital Marketing Agency, Building out a Social Impact NFT Exchange.
- The Catalyst and Visionary behind South LA’s first Tech Center with VSEDC in partnership with Annenberg Tech, Best Buy, and PledgeLA.
Cassie’s life has been full of ups and downs and her journey has taken many twists and turns. From sleeping in cardboard boxes and park benches to founding companies, creating social impact, and becoming a CEO. Cassie is an unstoppable inspiration.
To quote Cassie, “Other than the lack of millions in my bank account, 🙂 I live a happy life. Despite all the suffering & hardship, I would do it all over again if it leads me to the woman I have become.”
We Discuss (Among Other Things):
- Cassie’s incredible journey to where she is today
- What prompted Cassie to promise God she would change the world
- How she’s keeping that promise
- Cassie’s advice for women and female entrepreneurs
Follow Daughters of Change:
Daughters of Change Podcast Editor: Sarah Stacey